I hold a strength-based approach to counseling. Meaning, I focus on your strengths and resourcefulness rather than your weaknesses, failures, and shortcomings. I hope to empower you to overcome and heal from your past or current hardships by relying on your inner strengths. Together, we set up goals of what you want improved in your life and create a plan to make progress towards those goals. I am privileged to support you in what you want to gain from counseling.
Counseling sessions are generally about an hour long, once a week, unless other arrangements are made. I currently only provide telehealth (HIPAA compliant online video sessions).
- I became a Licensed Professional Counselor in December 2015 (License # PC008606)
- I am a Licensed Behavioral Specialist (License # BH000672). This license allowed me to work with children with a behavioral diagnosis and children with Autism.
- I am a Certified Trauma-Focused CBT Therapist for children.
- I received a Master of Arts in Counseling at Geneva College in 2011
- I received a BA in Psychology from Millersville University in Lancaster, PA in 2009
Treatment specializations include, but not limited to:
- All types of depression and anxiety
- Communication and conflict skills
- Family Conflict
- Life Transitions
- Mood and thinking disorders
- Individuals ages 14 and over, with the exception of treating children survivors of trauma.
We will jointly create a treatment plan that includes goals you want to gain from counseling. We will review and update it every six months or when therapeutically necessary so that your progress and your specific needs are at the forefront.